Privacy Policies & Terms of bookings
- Serenity and Light is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or visit our salon in person, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Serenity and Light may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 14th May 2018.
What Data we process and why:
- Full name – We collect this information, so we can identify who our customers are.
- Address – This information is collected at the time of the consultation. This is held on your personal file. This information is collected so we can identify our clients, plus also in the event we may need to refer you onto another practitioner (with consent from you first)
- Phone Number - We require this information, so we can contact you in relation to any queries or bookings made. We may need to contact you to change a booking, confirm or remind you of a pre-booking.
- Email address – This information is collected at the time of booking, or at the time you contact us via our contacts page. This is so we can reply to your query efficiently, plus also email you reminders of your appointments booked.
- Health Questionnaire - At your appointment we will also require you to complete a short questionnaire about your health. This is to ensure that the treatments you have booked and future treatments you may have are safe to go ahead, and that you are not contra-indicated. This information will be reviewed at every appointment to ensure there are no changes to your health. This questionnaire will also ask for any medication you may be taking.
- With the information you give us during your consultation, we would like to send you details of offers, new products or services available. Please be aware that you DO NOT need to agree to this for your treatment to commence.
- If you do agree to receive contact from us for marketing purposes, please complete the form provided at the consultation. Please note that you can withdraw consent at any time.
- We may also take before and after pictures of your treatment for social media purposes. Please ensure that you complete the form during your consultation to agree for us to use these as marketing material.
Providing your personal data to others:
We do not sell, share or give our customers' personal information to marketing companies, or any other organisation or person
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process for any purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for those purposes. Our Insurance policy providers require us to keep your records for 7 years after the date of your last treatment.
On request, we will provide a copy of your personal data. If you believe any information we hold on you is incorrect please let us know and we will promptly correct it.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we process.
This website is owned and managed serenity and light. To contact us please use the contact details on our website.
Terms of booking
In order to visit our salon you will need to pre book an appointment. Please contact us to book an appointment.
Cancellation / Late arrival policy:
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we require 24 hours notice. Failure to give 24 hours notice could incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the treatments booked.
A deposit may be required for larger bookings.
Should you arrive late to your appointment will result in your appointment time being shortened. So please arrive in good time.
All consultations are free of charge.
Please note that if you are having eyelash extensions or tinting, you will require a patch test 24-48 prior to the treatment. We have a strict policy ‘No patch test = no treatment!!’ so plan well in advance.
Please advise of any medical conditions you may have at the time of booking.
We accept payments of cash and card (Visa, Debit, Mastercard)
We do not claim to cure, diagnose or prevent any medical conditions or problems you maybe experiencing.
Information detailed in Serenity and Light’s website is for the purpose of ‘information only’ and is not given as professional medical advice.
If you have a medical condition or problem that is worrying you, we recommend that you visit your GP or medical practitioner to seek medical advice.
Our right to cancel
In the event that I cannot fulfill your appointment I will contact you by telephone to notify you.